A few weeks ago we ended up in a restaurant that we didn't care for. Mostly because it was a buffet. We don't do buffets. Not that we're above lining up multiple times to pile food on our plates, but as I've mentioned before, we're kind of cheap ("thrifty" I like to call it). Buffets may be a bargain for some, but when your kids just eat the jello? Well, I've never seen a box of jello for eight bucks, let's put it that way.
BUT, the visit was not in vain. We had a waitress who was a lovely girl with a lovely accent. After visiting with her I found out she was from Turkey, here on a work and travel program. We were able to spend some time with her and in a day or two I learned that she has what I would call a "beautiful soul". She brought me to tears more than once (the good kind).
We spent one day with her at Virginia Beach. Anna and Kate thought she was pretty great, playing in the waves with them. I thought she was pretty great playing in the waves with them too.
I hope we cross paths again someday.







15 comments:
I'm in UT Nic!! We must see each other!! I'm here til the 13th! I had an awful time at the airport too!
This is a classic Nicole story, talking to strangers, changing their lives, becoming their best friends! You're so gifted to be able to connect with everyone! I love you!
How long will you be in Utah? I am flying up with the kids on the 23rd and I will be there until Sept. 2nd. If you are still there I would love to see you.
I heard about your little ordeal through my "Nicole imformant" (aka Alecia). Sad story. I hope the plane ride went well and you are having fun in Utah.
Afton's right, typical Nicole to make friends with EVERYONE and create life-changing bonds with them :) We all want to be like you!
Wow, I can't believe how much time has passed since we have seen you guys. I just found your info on Lauren's blog. Your family is beautiful, you are hilarious and give our congrats to your hubby!
That's such a bummer you got all the way there then had to turn around. I hate travel problems like that. How are you? Havn't heard from you in a while. miss you.
Thanks for spending your stressy afternoon blogging such a fabulous experience for us. She is obviously a special young woman. The pics show that a fun time was had by all!
Your family is beautiful! I think your kids have a lot of Petersen in them. You should tell Derek to start a blog. My blog is hayrob.blogspot.com. I Hope you had a fun time in Idaho, it was fun to see you at Nicoles wedding.
yes I second (or was it like 12th)the motion that Nicole is the greatest at just meeting people and just becoming friends with them. You have a spot in your heart for everyone......how do you do it?! Mine gets cramped! ;) It was a blast to see you!!
Nicole, what a cute family! I always admired you and your family in high school....mostly for shallow reasons. Like your rockin' good hair and your entire family's good looks. (Okay, so you guys were all pretty nice and smart as well) It is fun to see what you have been up to for the last 10+ years. Are you in Virginia Beach? I have a really good friend who moved here from there a couple of years ago, her name is Amy Ross. Hate to play the name game but its worth a shot! Anyway if it is ok, I would love to add you to my blogroll because I am all about putting off cleaning when there are blogs to read!
Nicole you are so darling! I can't believe that you met her only the day before, invited her to have a family outing and call her a beautiful soul now. I agree with Afton, you've got a gift. Have you kept in touch with her?
Opps, I was logged in under my parents blog user name. Oh the problem of having multiple users at one computer.
What a great person you are Nicole! This girl will remember your kindness for the rest of her life. She looks like she fits right in with your cute family!
And I LOVE how you put your beliefs link on your page! In fact so much that I copied :) What a great missionary tool that I never thought about doing. I have people all over the world who look at my blog (I can tell from the map I have attached to it - sometimes it's a little freaky) and how wonderful to have that link there for anyone to click on, Hopefully someone out there will be touched by the teachings of our church.
Post a Comment