Tuesday, February 3, 2009

There is No Charge for Awesomeness

We LOVED the movie Kung Fu Panda.  Barrett and I as much as the kids.  Sometimes you watch a movie enough times that the dialogue becomes incorporated into every-day life.  Such is the case in our home with this movie.

Sunday morning I was getting ready for church.  Anna and Kate were in our tub, playing as usual.  All of the sudden I hear Kate (who is quite alarmed) say, "That's the Wushi finger hold!"  And sure enough, I look over and Anna is squeezing her finger, pinky pointed skyward, eyes full of mischief.  Within a moment comes the inevitable "Skidoosh!" accompanied by a very confident pinky flex.  

To which Kate then withdraws her arm with a forceful yank and yells, "An-na!"  It became apparent that she really thought she could have been disintegrated right there on the spot.  Very reassuringly, Anna looks at Kate while giggling and says, "Don't worry Kate.  It only works in China...and we don't live in China."

12 comments:

Bobi... said...

Nicole- My family loved Kung Fu Panda as well. My kids really like the belly bounce! - Bobi

aftonicole said...

right when I saw the title I thought KUNG FU PANDA hahahahaha it's so stupid but funny at the same time! Andrew and I give each other the Wushi finger hold sometimes when we fight lol how can I say this enough? I LOVE those girls!

Maryanne said...

One of the many movies that we own that I have not yet seen. Now it's at the top of my list! I am dying to know what the Wushi finger hold is!!

Dawn said...

That is a riot, we too loved that movie and I think that we all quote the movie through out the day too. Probably more from Matt and I then the girls.

Heather B said...

Too bad there's no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness, because your family would be stinkin' rich!! Give those girls a hug from us.

Lydia said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious!!! They are so cute!

Kar said...

I love hearing about their conversations. So funny. I need to buy that movie. We saw it in the theaters and loved it.

Anonymous said...

WE LOVED THAT MOVIE AS WELL WE SAW IT AT IMAX IN A.C. AND THAT WAS REAL COOL
ABBEY'S

Amy G. said...

Just keep the posts coming cause I laugh out loud at every one. Your kids are so much fun!

nd said...

nicole i'm not sure you'll remember me but i'm going to try. i'm an old friend of blake's from byu...noelle. i came across some pics and realized that the last i heard from your brother was at his wedding. i found, after some serious searching, their blog. the last entry was about the new baby in december. just wondering if you would be able to send me their email address. i'd love to catch up with b and c. and i was looking through your blog....well some things never change. you're still so pretty and you homeschool...awesome. i'd love to get your email and catch up with you too...that's if you remember me. and if you're in va i can not beleive it. we just moved from northern va (yes, it's like a totally different state from the rest of va). i would have loved to have run into on little trips. i'm really hoping you remember me so we can catch up. email me when you can. would you be able to give me blake and chelsie's email too.

sorry for the long comment. look forward to hearing from you.
noelle
missgooty@gmail.com

Sarah said...

I love it. Good thing Ethan didn't try the finger hold on the girls. I think punching in the nose is much more effective. :)

Shontz Family said...

nicole, i love how you do your banners. can you teach me how to do that? just a picture with your blog title written in there somewhere?