Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Like Him a Lot

Luke is at a fun age. Old enough to be saying words and showing personality, but too young to "know better," so his mischievous deeds are still a little endearing. Except for that day he got into the pantry and ripped open several packages of jello.   That wasn't very cute.

Some of my favorite things about him:
  • If you hand him something he walks away and says "dayn-tou."  I'll give him just about anything to hear it.
  • When he's sitting on the ground and wants someone to sit by him he pats the floor next to him and says "down."
  • When he wakes up in the morning he jumps up and down in his crib, smiling so big you can hardly see his little eyes.
  • If someone asks him a question, his response is usually, "yeah."
  • Just recently if I call out his name I can hear him from some corner of the house say "whaa-aat?"
  • When Barrett leaves in the morning he'll run to the door and say, "Bye! Bye! Bye!" while waving.  Then he puckers up and gives him a smacker.  
  • He loves to squish bugs.  He puts a shoe on his hand and goes on the hunt.  It's awesome.
  • He loves fruit.  His favorite is "munna-menen," seen in the photo below.
He's such a sweet little kid.  We're not really sure what we ever did without him.



LukeWatermelonWeb

9 comments:

Bobi... said...

What a great picture! Ryker's at that great stage too! So much fun!

Kar said...

I love those stories. There are so many fun things about toddlers. I need to keep saying that to myself every time Micah screams. :)

Danielle said...

Wow! He is looking SO grown up! What a cutie!

littlest said...

he is adorable nicole! i love his little fingers on his left hand holding the corner of the watermelon!

Dawn said...

I can't believe how big his is. What a cutie!

Adrianne said...

absolutely adorable in every way!

Nicole said...

Whoa, he is so handsome!

Alecia said...

That's my guy!!

Angela said...

What a little cutie he is and I love hearing about his personality! His eyes are gorgeous! You take such fabulous pictures!