Friday, April 23, 2010

Well, Hello There! (And a Review)

Hmmm....where to begin here? I have lots to catch up on, but that will have to wait. I'm going to share something with you:

With each of my kids I have had moments while using products where I've thought "If only they'd...". One such product that I never seemed to find just the right fit for was baby baths. We've always lived in limited space, so the thought of having an extra tub for baby that doesn't store anywhere was never appealing. So I tried the baby-sized sponges that supposedly float in the tub. Yuck! They never dry out and are really just nasty. So I resorted to the awkward contorting over the tub, simultaneously cradling baby while trying to wash the many folds. It was never a good experience.

Well, a girl named Katie contacted me to see if I would be a product tester for a baby "tub" she has invented. See, back in the day I used to clean her teeth (I had to fight to get her as a patient...the other hygienists wanted her too...she's that darling). I took one peek at it and thought "she's done it!" She obviously had the same feelings I did about bathing baby...only she did something about it. And it looked awesome! Super light-weight, low profile tub (it shipped in a 1 inch thick box) made out of antibacterial foam that doesn't absorb water (yay!). It's seriously ingenious design (when you see it you'll wonder why you didn't think of it).

Since my "baby" is two, I went ahead and contacted a friend who graciously let me use her as the tester with her little cherub. Her baby is not a newborn, but we went with it anyway and you know what? It's every bit as great as I thought it would be. It fits in the bathroom sink so you can stand comfortably while bathing baby. It hangs up to dry and doesn't absorb water. It unfolds, completely flat so storage is not an issue. Plus, the material it's made of is nice and soft, so you feel good about putting a tiny little baby in there instead of a cold, hard tub.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. Every mother of a newborn needs one of these things. It seems to be super durable, so I would imagine it would last through as many children as you're willing to have. :o)

My pictures and review only give you a glimpse of how cool it is. Check out the Puj Tub for yourself at the new web site exclusively for baby bath tubs! (And yes, the gorgeous blond is Katie).

So, beautiful Katie, thank you for an awesome product moms will love!

PujTub

6 comments:

Kar said...

I really admire people who can start their own businesses like this. And what a fantastic idea. I might have to purchase one for my final baby coming up in Sept. Yes, final. Soooo final...

The Jonas Family said...

It looks amazing! If I have another, I just might have to get it!

Heather B said...

Hey! Welcome back! Man, I wish I'd had one of these a couple of years ago--or maybe even 20 years ago... Good for her, and I'll be sure to pass on the info. Take care.

Di and Justin said...

Wow how come I never thought of that! she is amazing I love it. Might have to get me one when baby #3 decides to come..

Mandy said...

I love this...too bad I am done having babies! ;) I will have to recommend it to my clients. Do you think that she would let me use one as a sample to show to my clients?

Heather said...

Holy Smokes!! I was watching the Mother's Day episode of Ellen & she gave the puj tub away as one of the gifts!! You are friends with the girl who invented it?? That is so great! I'll have to try it!