Wednesday, April 23, 2008

OBX

For Spring Break this year we (as in my friend Jene' and I) decided to head to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to join other friends since our husbands were busily preparing for finals. The first day we were there it was rainy, so we spent time at the pool, which wasn't a disappointment to the kids at all.

That night, Jene' and I shared a hotel room. We used to be roommates in college, so lying in bed it struck me as pretty funny that there we were again, sharing a room. Only this time there were SIX extra little humans scattered about, sleeping near us. I don't think we ever would have imagined ourselves in that situation ten years ago!

Thankfully, the second day the sun came out (sort of...it was kind of foggy) so we spent some time at the beach and had lovely sunburns to prove it!

A litte gathering after Steamers' ribs and seafood and Big Bucks' ice cream (sorry Afton!)



Anna and Miss MaryBeth



She can't not make faces.




I think this last picture is funny. When I saw them walking out of the fog I wanted to yell, "Heeeeeey-Yoooooou-GUUuuuuuys!"  (Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that's funny)

11 comments:

littlest said...

looks like a blast! love obx! can't wait to see you.

Kar said...

Love the Goonies reference. :)

Dawn said...

how fun and I also love the Goonies reference!

Amy G. said...

i was always freaked out by goonies as a kid, which is probably why i didn't get the reference....BUT loved the picture/s anyhow!

Heather said...

I would love to go back to the Outer Banks... such beautiful beaches.

Danielle said...

Baby Ruth? I was thinking the same thing, that's classic. It looks like a great time!

Trixie said...

I say that ALL the time!! What a great time to be at the beach! Wish it could have been that warm when we were there!

Meghann said...

Wow, I really miss our day trips to the beach. I'm so glad you're taking advantage of having a coast nearby.

Jenny said...

looks like sooo much fun.
love the reference, too funny. :)

Lynette said...

Adam has been asking and asking when he can go to a beach. Wish we were closer and I would have joined you! Looks like fun!

Emily said...

Cute Blog! My mom (Jennie) and Lauren kept telling me to check yours out--I love all the pics! FYI-Our address is benandemilygold.blogspot.com