


As much as I mourn the end of summer--the flip-flops, watermelon, BBQs, lazy pool days, and late sunsets--I do love the Fall.
I love the Butternut Squash soup, apple pie, hot chocolate, pumpkin cookies (is there a food trend here?), sweaters, escape from heat and humidity, gorgeous Virginia colors, and of course the holidays. I think the best thing about Fall is the way it smells. Fall smells good. But I don't like tying shoes. Not mine, not theirs.
Now, if only Spring followed Fall.
(And this has nothing to do with this post...but Kate just said, "Mom! Luke is wreaking havoc!" Are you kidding me? )

14 comments:
um, can i please have that recipe for butternut squash soup? it'll be a few months at least before i can use it, but i can pretend at least that it's fall :(
I second the request for the soup recipe...sounds yummy!
Can I have the recipe, too? Pretty please? And where did she learn that - wreaking havoc?
Ditto on wanting the recipe, and DITTO on loving fall but NOT loving winter! Ugh. I can't believe it's upon us so soon. I'm depressed.
I love the fact that they needed to get their ponies. The hurricane yesterday hit my sister-in-laws area pretty hard, they are in Dallas wondering if they have a normal house or not. I am glad you just got some rain, nothing to bad during the hurricane season.
Cute pics. Oh how I miss lazy, summer days already. But I aggree, I love the smell of fall. Nothing is better than a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils and the taste of fresh applepie!
those pictures are so great! I thought getting my kids head under water was amazing...but yours even pose!
Velcro.....need I say more!! I think Madeline may be the only 1st grader that can not tie her own shoes yet.....cause I avoid shoes with laces! :)
I was just commenting to the kids last night that I am SO ready for fall! The mornings are getting chilly here, and the evenings are gorgeous; unfortunately, our bovine neighbors make it tough to open our windows to enjoy that cooling off period at the end of the day. Rats. Bring on the apple pie, or maybe pumpin. Who am I kidding--make it both!!
Yes. I agree, fall does smell good. Maybe that is why I love it so much too. I see nothing wrong with wearing flip flops the entire year.
So cute. I used to love fall. But now my season of fall/winter is all just one great season here in Vegas. I love this time of year. Your pictures are amazing as always. YOur girls are so cute.
I'm missing the summer so much with the carefree days and empty schedules. Everything hit all at once as soon as school started! Even though summer's over, I do love the Fall, especialy for the fact that I can wear all of my sweaters that never go out of style.
I know I've said this before, but I absolutely love your photos. I could look at all of them for hours. That is such an amazing talent!
Your blog is so cute!! I am excited to finally get a start in this world of blogging! Way cute photos, my girls are still talking about Kate and Anna non-stop. It was so fun to see you all.
I hope you took those pictures with an underwater camera and not your D40!
Hey Nicole- it's Mike and Kristie Martino. I saw your blog on Kim and Jason's list and had to peek. So glad I did b/c your family is so beautiful. I can't believe it's been so many years, but it sounds like y'all are doing great. As for us, we just had our third - a girl this time. Ethan is 5 now, Austin is 3, and Katie is 1 week. I know exactly what you mean about each of them having such individuality. We'd love to keep in touch. Our blog is martinomojo.blogspot.com
Love, Mike and Kristie
Post a Comment