Thursday, October 8, 2009

Magic in a Box

"Mom! Same thing I always do."

That's the answer I usually get when I ask the girls what they did at school. But a few weeks ago I found a trick up my sleeve. Well, in a box actually. A package from lovely aunt Abbey with glow sticks in it! One of the girls (and I won't say who, but it wasn't me) was very grouchy and thankfully the treasure that came in the mail snapped her out of her funk. The lights were turned off and I pulled a Katie Couric on them, asking all sorts of questions about their out-of-mom's-sight activities for the day.

They totally fell for it. They gave me all the details. They even begged for more. So the questions were asked, answers were given and then some fun was had. I whipped out the camera and we got silly dancing and arm waving and camera-wielding. Dad even joined us. Who knew glow sticks could unlock the mystery of a silent child?


glow sticks

13 comments:

Bobi... said...

totally cool!

Abbey said...

WOW!
:)

Leah Miller said...

that is AWESOME!

Kar said...

Now I know the secret to getting info from Dylan about his school day. He never has anything to tell me about what he does every day. I love those photos. Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

how the heck did you get a picture like that with the LOVE? Seriously cool!

Trixie said...

I'm with Jene, how'd you get those pic's? They're awesome!! I just got my camera back from the shop and had to relearn half of the stuff. that would be cool to add to my collection!

Alecia said...

thought I knew what glow sticks were, but maybe I dont. how the heck did you do that?

Amy G. said...

I'll have to try that. Jonah is totally a closed box.

I'm wondering the same thing about the "love." How'd you do that?

Sarah said...

Very cool!! Love, love, loving it! I'll have to try that trick. We do glow sticks whenever we are sleeping somewhere new. It seems to help.

Maryanne said...

SO. COOL!!

The Jonas Family said...

way cool and thanks for the explanation!

Annie said...

You rock Katie C.!

Mandy said...

Yeah, how in the world did you do that?! You are amazing!