Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Habla Espanol?

About a week ago we went to lunch at Chick-fil-A with our dear friend Mary.  She got a kid's meal that came with a CD that teaches basic Spanish.  And I'm a cheap mom, so my girls get a regular meal and split it.  Hence, no CD for them.  She was kind enough to give them hers and so we've been listening to it nonstop in the car.  They've picked up on a few phrases and are starting to implement them into daily conversation.   

Tonight we were getting ready to head out the door when Anna came into our bedroom crying and said that Kate had punched her.  Of course, we made Kate apologize to Anna and say she was sorry.  It isn't typical for either of them to be very physical with each other so once they'd made amends I wanted to pursue it a little further to see if I could figure out why Kate had punched her.   So I asked.   And she told me, "because that's how you say 'I love you' in Spanish."

Nice, huh?  Not exactly my idea of a love language if you ask me.

12 comments:

Deya Love said...

Too funny! I love your posts and I can't believe how big your kids are!

Jenny said...

my boys would love that one. they'd be telling each other "love you" in spanish all day long. what silly girls.

what a small world - that your cousin started pizzeria 712. it was awesome. i can't wait to go back. i've been hearing a lot of buzz about it (especially on blogs) and i'm trying to help get the word out, although maybe they don't need my help. :) they were pretty busy friday night. love the food, love the philosophy, love the location (REALLYclose to us). i wish you could come out and go w/ us sometime. :)

Amy G. said...

Como se dice, "Punch me please" en espanol?

Kar said...

That's a good one, Kate! She is so funny! As usual, love the pics.

Dawn said...

Okay so you need to write a book of your girls sayings. They crack me up. And they are so cute and so big. Miss you guys!

Heather said...

That really made me laugh! Nice cover up, Kate!

Christensen Family said...

Okay, so you don't have a TV... how did that all get decided? I've thought about it, but just don't have the strength...and I think my hubby would die without BYU football, even though we only get about 3 games a year out here. Will you ever? A big part of me would love to do that, but that natural man part of me wins out.

Christensen Family said...

Oh and please tell me you took these pictures months ago, cuz your girls have sweaters on!! Is it that cool there? I'd love to go naked! It's that hot here!

ambyr said...

thanks nicole for your comment!! I don't know how i'm going to make it through law school with 3 babies!!
but it's good to know that you did it....any advice?? are they really gone so much that you feel like a single mom!! My boys will miss him sooooo much!!

Shontz Family said...

have you seen this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRq82c8Baw

and don't worry, you're not the only mcdonal'd cheepo out there. i'm in the club too. i'm just too afraid they'll get hooked on the toys and never eat the nuggets!!

Heather B said...

Who knew that all these years my kids have been bilingual! Actually, I think we're up to quad-lingual at our house, but who's counting...

Heather O. said...

Kate's a mad genuis.