It never ends! And what blows my mind is that while engaged in such conversation, they continue to eat as if we're talking about the weather.
While we were in Disney eating with the princesses, Kate ordered a hot dog. She picked up her bunless frank and while wielding it in the air (keep in mind she's decked out in her Cinderella garb) she asks, "What part of the dog is this? The tail?" Holy moly! And you're eating it?
A few weeks ago while at Chick-fil-A I was grateful it wasn't busy. Again, my girls were discussing chickens and wondering how they "get dead." I tried to ignore the conversation so I could finish my meal. Kate was asking Anna if they cut up chickens to make the nuggets. Anna, very sure of herself, answered, "No, Kate....they're dead baby chicks." I swear a guy across the wall from us just about lost his milkshake.
Seriously, it's no wonder people become vegetarian. Just come eat a meal at our house. Maybe we'll have pig.

15 comments:
ok this is quite hilarious! Love it! and I love luke in the header, it's way adorable! I would love to hear the girls discussions, I can totally see them saying this stuff! dead baby chicks...kind of sick! Love you guys! see you in a bit!!
I don't know what is worse... that or hearing stories of Mike in the ER with bloody guts, puking vomit, or bowel movements while eating.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Soooo Funny!! My girls have had similar discussions many times! You gotta love kids.
Luke is so cute in that picture!!! He's getting so big.
That is a hoot! I hope you are writing ALL of their funny sayings and conversations down. As much as we think that we will remember those funny things , we usually forget them! I have a notebook for each of my kids and when they say something funny, I write it in their book. One of their favorite things to do it to get out the "books" and read them. We end up on the floor laughing so hard! When they are little there is so much to write in them. But as they get older there will be less and less so make sure you are keeping record of it while you can! They will be stories you'll treasure.
out of the mouths of babes. HA, too funny!
Your girls are hilarious and smart. I don't think my girls have even put two and two together that the chicken nuggets they love come from the same animals they feed at the petting zoo. I am not going to break that one to them any time soon!
how very observant...and really gross! i'll try and forget it by dinner time tonight :)
I wish you could hear how hard I laughed over this. The baby chicks comment was the icing on the cake. Absolutely hilarious.
LOL!!! I needed a good laugh. Kiddos are too funny....without knowing it....that's the best kind of funny.
That is just silly. But I completely get it because my kids do the same and while they are happily eating, I am scraping off my food into the sink. Also, cute header! Your little boy looks just like some of your brothers. A future heartbreaker in the making:)
Okay, I feel dumb leaving another comment but I wasn't sure where the best place was to answer your question. The cake pops were an adventure for me too the first time. I thought the hardest part was getting the balls frozen enough and the dipping stuff warm enough. I found that the Wilton's candy melts worked far better and tasted better than almond bark and I did have to add a little bit of shortening to make it easier to work with. Also, getting the balls the right shape was hard for me, too. The smaller the better I think. I did go and buy a candy mold to make the bottoms look like a cupcake and I did find that doing the top and bottom two different colors was easier too. Anyway, your next attempt will be better I am sure! Don't give up.
I laughed so hard at this post! We actually have this conversation at our table ALL OF THE TIME. The kids think it is so funny to gross mom out.
That is so funny! I'm so glad you remember stories like this! They make my day!! I chuckled out loud! Baby chicks...hahahaha!
Post a Comment