Saturday, September 5, 2009

We Have Exciting News

At least, Anna does.

A few weeks ago Anna told me, like she often does, that she had a loose tooth. Obligingly I asked her to show me. And I couldn't believe it was really loose! I had to pretend I was excited because I was, in fact, kind of sad. My little girl is no longer little.

She and Kate went right to work. I wasn't sure exactly what sorts of things were going on behind their closed bedroom door until Kate came into the kitchen and asked me if I had any food they could use for their fairy trap. They wanted to catch her (what they didn't know was that "she" was actually a "he"). They'd actually made a little house with pictures in it and a bed and blanket and everything. They wanted her to want to live with us. It was awesome.


AnnaLosesAToothWeb

ToothFairyNoteWeb

ToothFairyMoneyWeb

14 comments:

Blogful said...

That's darling. And it's sad but true--she looks all grown up now. I now officially know when childhood ends.

Kar said...

Dylie just lost his bottom two teeth, in the same day! Don't they look so cute with that gap in their smiles?? You are also a trickster. When I saw your entry title on my blogroll, I was like, "Oh my gosh, she's PREGNANT!!"

Niki said...

Based on your title, I was expecting "other" exciting news! As in a new addition or something! Funny. Congrats to Anna on her tooth. It IS sad to see them grow up so fast. But exciting all the same.

Alecia said...

Oh my goodness Nicole. I am so slow! I totally did not get the connection between Anna showing me her loose tooth then you telling Kate to go get the fairy catcher! I just thought they were showing off their latest project. NOW I GET IT!!! Very cute. And, Anna's tooth fairy sure leaves a prettier presentation than mine!

Danielle said...

I should have expected the tooth fairy where you live to present Anna with a wrapped up and decorated dollar bill...I hope our tooth fairy remembers that for when Kali starts losing teeth...=)

Jennie said...

Wow, Barrett, you are quite the impressive tooth fairy with that lovely bow around the "gift." Way to go!

Abbey said...

Oh Nicole.
She is still little.
For she still believes.
It's when she know its Barrett that she no longer a child.
Hugs to all.

Bobi... said...

Yes they are growing up, but how cute do they look with the big gaps in their smiles! I just love it when my kids lose their baby teeth, so adorable!

Leah Miller said...

For a minute there I thought you were pregnant OR moving to Utah!

Maryanne said...

Ha ha! Ditto to Leah. I thought either of those too! You are too tricky ;) Either would have been great, but the lost tooth is awesome! Congrats to Anna!

Amy G. said...

Could your girls be any cuter...I think not. I love their creativity!

Olivia Jewell said...

That's so cute. I guess as moms we just have to get used to feeling that sadness, I know I've already felt it with things with Ella, and my guess is it just keep on happening. But such a cute memory!
PS I know you've heard it before, but I wish that I could take pictures like you, I love all of the pics on your blog.

Sarah said...

Where did you get the little box? I need to get one of those. :)

Anonymous said...

Stumbled onto your blog from another. You take amazing pics so I'm curious- what kind of camera do you use?