Anna had an Easter egg hunt at preschool yesterday and came home with some tasty loot. She was kind enough to share it with Kate. The consumption continued into the evening and after brushing their teeth, I saw that they were deciding which piece to eat next. I, of course, stopped them and after explaining they could have some "tomorrow" they relented and put the candy away. So first thing this morning I caught them in the kitchen eating tootsie rolls (I shouldn't have been surprised...they do get half their DNA from me). I only acted surprised and exclaimed, "What! You're eating candy before you've even eaten breakfast?" Anna looked me square in the eye and said, "Mom! You said we could have candy tomorrow and it's tomorrow."
Friday, March 21, 2008
Little Lawyers
The other day while getting into the car Kate asked me where her old carseat was. I told her we had left it under the stairwell and it had been stolen. Climbing into her newer seat she asked, "Did you see them steal it?" I told her that no I hadn't. So she asked, "Did dad see them steal it?" And again, I told her no, he hadn't. The questions continued and I tried to explain deductive reasoning to my three-year-old and in her concluding remarks all she had to say was, "But you didn't see it." It felt a little like being on the stand.
Anna had an Easter egg hunt at preschool yesterday and came home with some tasty loot. She was kind enough to share it with Kate. The consumption continued into the evening and after brushing their teeth, I saw that they were deciding which piece to eat next. I, of course, stopped them and after explaining they could have some "tomorrow" they relented and put the candy away. So first thing this morning I caught them in the kitchen eating tootsie rolls (I shouldn't have been surprised...they do get half their DNA from me). I only acted surprised and exclaimed, "What! You're eating candy before you've even eaten breakfast?" Anna looked me square in the eye and said, "Mom! You said we could have candy tomorrow and it's tomorrow."
Anna had an Easter egg hunt at preschool yesterday and came home with some tasty loot. She was kind enough to share it with Kate. The consumption continued into the evening and after brushing their teeth, I saw that they were deciding which piece to eat next. I, of course, stopped them and after explaining they could have some "tomorrow" they relented and put the candy away. So first thing this morning I caught them in the kitchen eating tootsie rolls (I shouldn't have been surprised...they do get half their DNA from me). I only acted surprised and exclaimed, "What! You're eating candy before you've even eaten breakfast?" Anna looked me square in the eye and said, "Mom! You said we could have candy tomorrow and it's tomorrow."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
gotta love their deductive reasoning.
that's funny Nicole. Not only on the stand in institute but at home too.
what a beautiful picture, and funny stories. i love how kids can wake up remembering candy in the morning, but so easily "forget" so many other things. :)
That's so funny. Dylan is quite the lawyer himself. Sometimes, when he wants to argue a point, we're in the car, so after I say, "Whatever," I turn up Prince really loud so I don't have to listen to him anymore. :) Works like a charm.
mary's reasoning is "betuze mom!". love the pics bytheway. i think we are on our 3rd of 4 egg hunts...gotta love the candy right? sugar high...there has got to be some merit to letting them get it in really fast so it can get out of them really fast!
Oh, they look way too cute to be so sassy. Well i should say "smart". They are very smart and have a great way of thinking about things. My kids eat candy in the morning too and it drives me crazy but I guess I do it too!!
you have a LOVELY- tip top family :)
just browsing and came across it.
Sugar first thing in the morning is defininitely in our DNA. There is nothing like a good sugar pick-me-up (at least that's what I remember...)
Beautiful photo of beautiful girls!
Cute story Nicole! What are we going to do when these little ones grow up and they don't say these priceless things anymore??
I LOVE that photo of your girls - so precious!
Yes, my father in law is Tom Gourley. What a small world. I am not sure about the dentist thing- but their names are Jason and Mike.
I just love you! :)
Post a Comment