Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Red Slides

Next to our apartment, there are blue slides. Down the street, there are red slides. Naturally, the red slides are bigger, funner, faster. So every once in a while, to keep things interesting, we take a trip to the red slides. There we work on "conquering fears." You know, walking on beams, sliding head first, climbing up high, jumping off ledges. We'll have no girlie girls in this house. Just ask little brother, who's ready to box anyone who backs out.





11 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh nicole these pictures are so cute. Especially the one of boxing Luke.

Brynn said...

Cute. I love the parks. The kids have so much fun. Great pictures. Good job as always. Hammond girls were looking at my blog at work yesterday, maybe they stumbled on your too. Funny huh!! Good Days. Tracy and Natalie said Hi to me!! Love them!

Trixie said...

Awesome pics. Your girls are sooo photogenic, as is Luke. Way to make those girls grow up "not whiney"!!! make 'em tough!!! :)

Heather said...

I'm so glad Esther is tough. Whenever she falls, she pouts and asks for a kiss. As soon as she gets it, she shakes her head with a little "whewph!" and walks off!
I love the picture of Luke!!

Di and Justin said...

it's always the ones that are the farthest away that are the funnest ...they have grown up so much.. Cute girls..
Di-

KP said...

Way to get all the way to the red slides. I am impressed. Those are two of the luckiest little girls and boy I know.

Sweet mama.

Regarding how fast they grow. Yes. Amen to that. Just you wait kiddo.

aftonicole said...

ha ha, that last one makes me smile!

Lynette said...

Looks like a fun day at the red slides! My favorite is little boxing Luke...with the facial expression to match!

Jenny said...

what a cute photo of luke! it looks so nice and sunny there! sigh. i heard we're supposed to get snow this weekend. boooo.

Kar said...

I'm glad you're not encouraging girly-girl-ness. My sister is expecting her first girl, and she's so worried that the girl will be a priss. I tell her that her girl won't be a priss if Nat doesn't treat her like a little breakable doll.

Amy G. said...

He's probably going to need a good left hook as the girls have got a bit of a head start on him. From the looks of it though, he's going to be fine!