Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It Smells Like Love

A few days ago our girls were playing with some bottles of bubble bath. I was in the kitchen and overheard Kate ask Anna, "Why does this one have a heart on it?" Anna's response had me grinning from ear to ear: "Because it smells like love."

Well, we're feelin the love here! I had a friend bring me a bag of Dove dark chocolates (thank you Sarah!) and another great friend sent me some cinnamon bears from Utah. And not just plain ones...chocolate covered as well! (That's Virginia's only downfall. No one seems to understand what cinnamon bears even are. And I thought Virginia was for lovers!) When I opened the package and saw it's contents I said out loud, "Oh, I'm in love with Joni!" Kate got a frown on her face and said, "You don't love us?" Plenty of love to go around darling, just eat one of these.

So, we wanted to share the love and had our friends come up and make sugar cookies with us.

I love it when kids decorate cookies. There's always more "stuff" than cookie!


My friend's daughter. Is she cute or what?


Hope everyone can smell the love this week! And (ahem) I did make it to the gym this morning.

11 comments:

littlest said...

is there anything better than a heart shaped sugar cookie (homemade) with pink frosting?!! NOTHING. my absolute FAVORITE treat! they look awesome. i am getting ready to make some myself...wish you were here to decoreate!
happy Valentines day!

Lynette said...

Looks like fun! Nothing quite says love like sugar, frosting, sprinkles, chocolate, and of course...cinnamon bears. That is the thing I miss the most!

Lynette said...

Looks like fun! Nothing quite says love like sugar, frosting, sprinkles, chocolate, and of course...cinnamon bears. That is the thing I miss the most!

aftonicole said...

oh I'm jealous! I am making valentines cupcakes for Andrew, although decorating cookies would be more fun! My v-day is going to be so romantic (a bit of sarcasm)..oh well, I'm sure it'll be great next year!

Jenny said...

cute kids, cute cookies. :)

we're making ours this afternoon. i feel like i'm cutting it a little close (day before valentines) but we're doing it. :)

Kar said...

You have time to go to the gym?? You are superwoman! They don't have cinnamon bears in Virginia?? How sad! I had the hardest time moving to California, because they didn't have any Grandma Sycamore's bread there. Just nasty, over-processed bread in the store. I'm so happy to be back in Grandma Sycamore's territory. And have you noticed that nobody outside Idaho and Utah has fry sauce? That's another travesty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
Just checking in. I thought I'd better leave a comment and say hello. I'm beginning to feel like a blog stalker checking out so many people's blogs and not leaving comments! Your kids are so beautiful! Happy Valentines Day. Take care.
Niki

Brynn said...

It does smell like love. I love that. Very cute. I remember the choc. covered cinnimon bears from Dr. Hammonds office. I forgot about them until you mentioned it. Yum, I miss those. I also love making sugar cookies with my kids. It's so much fun. We love to share them with all of our friends.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Darling pictures. I bought cinnamon bears to chocolatize for Christmas and forgot about them. My daughter found them the other day and they weren't cinnamon bears at all but cinnamon santas so she ate them. Now I don't have to fuss.

Meghann said...

Hey Nicole! Congrats on your baby boy, he is beautiful. I'm just now entering the blogging world. (meggalomania.blogspot.com) Anyway! I cannot believe how much your girls have grown. Those sugar cookies look so dang yummy!

KP said...

Can a person be too cool? I mean really Nicole, c'mon. Talented, beautiful, hilarious, bright, adventurous, athletic, spiritual and a delight in every way. That's not exactly fair, but, oh well, at least I know ya!!!

I loved the whole sugar cookie event and then seeing them on Elizabeth's blog, too, from Jene, did my heart good. Sounds silly but it's true.

Sorry to embarrass you on your blog comment page kiddo!