Sometimes my kids come up with words that initially sound hilarious, but after thinking about them, they make perfect sense. For example, when Anna was a little younger, she discovered pistachios. She deemed them "popper nuts." Makes sense, right? So that's what we call them. Another favorite from Anna's past is "lasterday." I guess that would be a combination of "last night" and "yesterday."
Well,
lasterday we were heading out to the park and Kate discovered a new word. Her jacket had been turned inside-out when she'd last taken it off (what's new?) and so, getting frustrated when she couldn't get it on she asked me, "Mom, can you turn this inside-IN?" Works for me!
11 comments:
so cute. love the words they come up with. i need to rememeber to write them down when my kids say new ones. :)
That is so funny. When Dylan wants to mean "a long time ago," he says "a lot of whole days." So he'll say something like, "Do you remember when we lived in San Diego a lot of whole days?" So cute. And another gorgeous picture of Kate - I love your photography!
Soo funny, amazingly, I've heard lasterday before, I think it's a total kid thing! Abby used to say some pretty funny things, actually, she still says some pretty funny things:)
clever girls. love the photo.
I just followed a link from Karlenn's blog to here. What awesome pictures you have! Elisa and I want photography lessons from you someday. :)
BTW, where do you live?
Oh my goodness...Chad Parry? Send me your email address...I'll give you more info so we don't have to "tag" on here.
Cute Nicole. I love the things kids say. Your kids especially. thanks for the laughs.
that is clever. jonah usually refers to everything in the past as last night.
i was so excited to read your comment! finding old friends is probably my most favorite thing about the blogging world! your kids are adorable and your pictures are great! i'd love to catch up, email me at ashleyshontz@gmail.com
ps..i was just reading the rest of the comments here and i'm assuming you found us through chad and elisa parry? they are some new fun friends we met here in switzerland.
Post a Comment