
Today was Anna's first day of preschool. As I was driving her there she asked me if I was as excited as her. I told her I was happy AND sad. She laughed and said that didn't make any sense. So I explained that I was happy because I knew she would have so much fun there, but that I was sad because she had been my little buddy for the last 4 1/2 years and I didn't know what I'd do without her. She assured me that I would be just fine. And when I dropped her off she ran excitedly into her classroom and seemed very comfortable, so I was happy. (I didn't even need to use the tissue they provided) As I left her there though-- and I know every parent goes through it--I realized this was "it"! She'll never be my constant little sidekick again. And that makes me sad.

7 comments:
that is so cute, I am so nervous about when I have to take McKenna for her first day. But lucky for me I still have a year to prepare for that. Oh I tagged you if you want to check out my blog. And if you hate me that's okay, I still love ya.
she looks so cute! bentley and i were the same way. i was excited for him, but like you said, it was sad that things will never be the same again. it's still not "real" to me. i wake up every morning kind of surprised that he's leaving again. :)
That would be so sad and it makes me sad to think that Katelyn will be going off to school soon. I think it will be really hard when she is at school for the entire day. It's hard because it means the start of a new phase of life and you can never go back to the old way.
Her hair is adorable and I am so glad she was excited to go. In another couple of years she may not be so excited! It is so good for them to get out and be with other kids!
I guess you'll be really happy for snow days when she doesn't have to go to school...but those don't happen that often. That is so sad! Maybe you should homeschool? :)
BTW that is the cutest picture of her. I love the angle and lines of the fence and of course her sweet little face.
That is so sad! it makes me all teary eyed! You'll need that extra time she's gone though once you have your hands full with Abner, Xing Xing, or Octavious...all names courtesy of babynames.com.....don't be suprised if Anna and Kate start calling their brother to be Xing Xing!
you looked great in the picture.... and I just went trough the same thing with Jaden last week... He wouldn't even let me get out of the Van he just ran inside..and also asked me not to kiss him infront of the boys we took with us..... hey guess who I ran into the other day? Trish Hart from hyg school.....I will give you her email add: di-
that is a great photo, Nicole. Way to go.
Post a Comment