Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Lil' Man

Here he is. He was born Monday, November 26th, at 9:15 am. Mother and baby are doing great. Labor and delivery were quick and painless, for the most part. Nicole may have a different story. Everyone is home, so we have a full family again--plus one. Life is good! Here are some pics from the hospital.



Here's his weigh-in. 8 pounds, 9 ounces! The little chunk!!! That's light heavyweight for sure, maybe even cruiserweight. (I know, what father can talk about his son without throwing in some sports analogy. I considered the overused "perfect for a fullback" quip, but went with boxing instead.)


And yes, he does have a name. We decided on Luke. Luke Samuel. Welcome home lil' Luke!!!

25 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well. He's beautiful and I LOVE the name Luke. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. We are so happy for you. "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
We love you all

Danielle said...

YEAH!!! I was wondering when that little man was coming! When did you end up having him? We have 2 November birthdays in our family. He is adorable, and so much hair! You will have so much fun with a boy, I bet the girls are loving him! The name is great too, much better than what was it? Jim? Hope all is well...

Danielle said...

Oh...I also saw that the posting was at 1:53 a.m....looks like you have some long nights ahead of you...=)

Blogful said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You is beautiful--er handsome. :)
We are so happy for you. LOVE the name too.

Leah Miller said...

What a beautiful little guy! I heard that he was VERY cute and I very much agree. I only wish I was there to see him in person. Do ya think you could tell him not to grow for 6 weeks or so?

Kar said...

Wow! What a fun surprise! He is gorgeous! And Luke is a fabulous name. Congrats, Nicole! You probably won't be blogging for quite awhile - your hands will be sooo full!

Dawn said...

How Cute! Congrats! I think he is adorable and I love the name Luke. We can't wait to come by and see him, but we'll wait until we are all doing better! Congrats again!

aftonicole said...

I love him, I wish ya'll would have let me bring him back to UT with me!!! congrats you guys!

Bryner Family said...

What a beautiful baby to be thankful for! :) I love the name Luke and it fits perfect with your girls' names. All 4 letters. :) All of my girls have 7-letter, 3-syllable names for a reason. :) I hope you don't get too sleep deprived over the next few weeks. Now that you have 3, I better get started on another, so that I'm always ahead! :) Hee hee! Love ya.

A. Kuhni said...

Hooray! Little boys are the best and I can't wait for you to experience just how great it is. He is a heavy weight but I think I have you beat! Kelson was 8 pounds 14 ounces....and the weight keeps going up rapidly. I think boys need to be sturdy though! Congratulations and good luck with those long nights! Let me know if I can do anything for you from here. I doubt I can help much but I will be thinking of you.

A. Kuhni said...

P.S. He is adorable!

Di and Justin said...

he is so cute and congrats, you are going to love having a little boy... hope you are doing well...

Brynn said...

Nicole, It's so good to hear from you. I was wondering what happened to you. I'm a blogger too. Check mine out. I love your sweet pictures of the girls and your new addition. They are absolutely beautiful. I hope you are feeling well. Congrats!!! Love, Brynnley

Anonymous said...

He is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the names---both of them!!!!! Luke Samuel--I got chills when I read the names out loud!

So happy for all of you--nothing in the world like it!

Love to all, The Redfern's

Erin said...

Congratulations! How fun...and exhausting. Hope you are doing well and adjusting to life as a fivesome.

Lynette said...

What a sweetie...and a total boy at that! Perfect name for a perfect baby. Guess it's time to change the name of your blog...Congratulations to you all! We love you!

Annie said...

Yippee! He's here...and what a darling he is. Happy sleepless nights! :)

Cherylyn said...

Congrats! He is adorable...I also love the name too. I'm so glad to hear you guys are all doing well. Can't wait to see more amazing pics of your whole family!

CPitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

so that deleted comment above was mine...I was frustrated because it said it was from Chad! URRGH! Anyways, your boy is so incredibly cute. How are the girls with him? Hope you are doing good Nicole! Be sure to let me know if 2 or 3 kids is easier.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are very glad to hear that the family is reunited, happy, and healthy.

Jenny said...

he's beautiful! congratulations!!!!

Amy G. said...

congratulations, nicole and family!!! Can I drop by and see him sometime? I wish! But the pictures will have to do...what a gorgeous boy! I want to hear all about the birth...maybe I'll give you a couple weeks to recover before calling? Congrats again! We love and miss you!

Trixie said...

CONGRATS!!!! He is so cute. And the name is perfect! Wish we were there so I could see him in person.