A few days ago we were visiting an elderly woman who lives near us. She still had her Christmas decorations out and was enjoying showing some of them to the girls. They were very amused by a particular "Maestro Mouse." He sits at his piano and plays whatever music you put in front of him. As our neighbor was putting away her decorations the next day she called me and said she would like me to come and get the musically-gifted mouse so our kids could have it.
Last night Barrett went to tell Anna and Kate to start cleaning up their toys because it was time for bed. I heard him walk in there and say "OK, fifteen more minutes." Then he came into our room laughing and said, "Go see what the girls are doing."
They had set Mr. Maestro Mouse and his piano in the middle of their bedroom floor and then used all their figurines to build a congregation. They were playing church. According to Anna they were singing "Hock, the Herald Angels Sing."
Have a look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
oh how sweet! i love that they were playing "church." and what a cute assortment of characters in the congregation.
btw, if it were ruby, her audience would consist of two my little ponies, and lots of super hero action figures. :) i like that you have some star wars guys in there.
I love that you posted this! It cracked me up.
Too funny! It looks like someone in the last picture (is it Barbie's little sister Kelly?) is being held at church against her will...
The things kids think up...it's amazing!
Simply hilarious commentary Nicole!
Just so you know we spent a good 15 minutes looking at your post. Kali is sitting on my lap and pointing out every figurine that she sees...definetly her favorite post of all time!
Oh my gosh, that is sooooo cute. I love it. I love the mouse actually. That was sweet she gave it to them. Playing church is the best. My girls love doing that. I want to be in that ward!!!
I love the "Hock the Herald Angels Sing." So fun. What a sweet lady, to give that to the girls.
wow, they always seem to amaze me about how creative they are!
that is so funny...I needed that
I am cracking up. This must be what a typical Sunday in Fairytale Land looks like. You have to love the things kids come up with. Great imaginations.
very ingenious! i only wish we were there for your girls to rub off on us a little! i'm pretty sure i'll never catch jonah playing "church," though i do have to say he's finally excited about being a sunbeam...hurray!
This post cracked me up! I love your sense of humor. My girlies play church too but it's usually shushing each other and barking, "Fold your arms! Close your eyes!" at each other. *sigh* I try to be a good teacher but if that's all they're learning... :)
Post a Comment